PARENTS, COACHES, & PLYAERS.
One of our main club objectives is the advancement the game of soccer in our community through the participation in our programs. Moreover, to develop the player’s self-esteem and confidence through skill development, while encouraging a sense of fair play and good sportsmanship.
In order to accomplish this objective we need all parents/guardians, coaches, and players to follow our Code of Conduct while members of our club.
All parents shall:
- Refrain from coaching and refereeing “from the sidelines”
- Encourage good sportsmanship and self-discipline in their children and their teammates through example.
- Make athletic participation for their child and others a positive, fun experience.
- Give encouragement and show interest in their child’s teams.
- Encourage their child to show good sportsmanship in every game.
- Be respectful toward coaches, referees, your child, other parents and their children.
- Alert coaches of any players’ health conditions.
- Comply with the financial obligations to the club and the team, registrations, uniforms, tournaments.
- Provide a positive role model for their players and parents, by consistently acting in a positive, controlled and mature manner expected of an ECFC coach.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship and maintain a proper perspective on the purpose of soccer, namely, participation is for the enjoyment and benefit of the players (not the adults).
- Apply for and earn grassroots licensing and certification as a minimum, seeking continued education in licensing programs as establish by US Soccer.
- Maintain the safety and wellbeing of their players.
- Explain and remind parents what is expected of them and their children.
- Refrain from open arguments with referees and other coaches.
- Encourage parents to support the team with their presence as much as possible.
- Provide necessary guidance and equipment at games and practices.
- Discipline players in a FAIR and CONSISTENT manner.
- Refrain from making negative comments about other coaches, players, parents and referees.
- Be prepared to deal with injuries in a timely manner
- Maintain a consistent practice schedule that is both fun and challenging for the players
All players participating with ECFC shall:
- Focus on doing your best in school.
- Play by the rules of the game.
- In victory or defeat after games remain respectful to teammates and opponents
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship encourage it from fellow players
- Remain respectful toward other players, coaches, referees and spectators.
- Never argue or complain about referees’ calls or decisions.
- Make every effort to attend ALL practices and games and arrive on time.
- Communicate with your coach when missing practices, games, or meetings.
- Give 100% effort at practice, and during games.
- Refrain from using profane or vulgar language.
- Not partake in illegal drug, alcohol or tobacco use